Here are 9 tips on how to maintain good postural hygiene at your workstation.
- Place a lumbar roll behind your lower back.
- Get up from your desk at least once every hour.
- Keep your feet in contact with the ground.
- Keep your hips bent 90° when sitting at your workstation.
- The surface of the desk should be just beneath your forearms when the elbows are bent 90°.
- Your head should not tilt down more than 10 degrees to look at the computer screen or other objects on your desk.
- Use a swivel chair.
- Your shoulders should remain in line with your knees.
- Keep your head in line with the trunk of your body when looking at the computer screen.